Language Opportunity ofrece clases de español gratuitas para niños de 6 a 12 años en bibliotecas de Londres
Would you like to learn more about the Spanish culture?
Want to meet other young people?
Learn Spanish through flamenco dance!!!
Free activity for children
Age: 6 to 12 years old
Time: 1 hour per session
Why study Spanish?
- Today, Spanish is the world’s fourth most commonly spoken language, after Chinese, English and Hindi.
- Spanish is the official language of around twenty countries, and the mother tongue of over 400 million people.
- Spanish is the second language of international communication, and is being increasingly used in economic, political and cultural relations.
- The number of those studying Spanish throughout the world is growing every year.
- Spanish is a language of extraordinary cultural prestige.
The Burroughs, London, NW4 4BQ
|Sunday, 15 September||2.30pm – 3.30pm||6-12 years old|
|Sunday, 22 September||2.30pm – 3.30pm||6-12 years old|
|Sunday, 29 September||2.30pm – 3.30pm||6-12 years old|
|Barbican Children´s Library
Silk Street, London, EC2Y 8DS
|Saturday, 14 September||11am – 12am||6-12 years old|
|Saturday, 21 September||2pm – 3pm||6-12 years old|
|Saturday, 28 September||11am – 12am||6-12 years old|
160 Buckingham Palace Road,
|Saturday, 14 September||3pm – 4pm||6-12 years old|
|Saturday, 21 September||11am – 12pm||6-12 years old|
|Saturday, 28 September||3pm – 4pm||6-12 years old|
|Artizan Street Library & Community Centre
1 Artizan Street, London, E1 7AF
|Monday, 16 September||4pm-5pm||6-12 years old|
|Monday, 23 September||4pm-5pm||6-12 years old|
|Monday, 30 September||4pm-5pm||6-12 years old|
Benefits of learning a new language
- It will help them to develop intellectually
- It expands their mental capacities
- It stretches their listening ability to be able to hear clearer distinctions between sounds
- It sensitizing children to language, instead of just shutting out the hearing of another language as indistinct background noise, they become careful listeners discerning whether they understand the other language
- It gives them a better understanding of their own native language
- It gives them an appreciation for people of other countries and cultures
- It takes away the fear of people different from themselves or any attempts at trying to communicate with them
- In school testing, it has been proven that bilingual children consistently score higher than monolingual students.
- They have an academic advantage at being ahead of the game with college requirements
- They have improved marketability in the business world. Global commerce continues to grow, and their language skills give them high qualifications.
From the list above, you can see that the benefits of learning a second language for children and young adults cover a large area from cognitive development, to social development, and even vocational development. These benefits will take them into adulthood with many advantages.
To this, we now add the benefits of dancing flamenco
For children and teenagers, getting to know their bodies through dance enables them to understand and navigate the world around them:
- The vocabulary they learn through dance can help them to learn a new language and culture
- Helps to build self-esteem
- It will teach them about feelings–to be able to enjoy happiness and tolerate sadness
- Dance promotes discipline, coordination, memory, flexibility, strength, line, grace and stamina. It builds positive self-esteem and confidence, helps with other sports, and is just great fun.
- Children love to move, stretch and jump. We can introduce kids to new ways of moving their bodies in entertaining and constructive ways.
- They will develop a series of repetitive exercises such as footwork drills, arm elevations, and hand- and torso-twisting combine to challenge gross and fine motor skills and muscle memory.
- Songs originated from poets and dynasties within different regions of Andalusia will help them to learn about the Spanish culture.
How to register for free
1. Go to our website
2. Send us a “contact form” with the following details
- Subject “Free Spanish lessons”
- Name of participant
- Name of the library
- Starting date
- Level of Spanish
- Dates attending to the programme
3. You will receive a confirmation email
4. Enjoy free Spanish lessons at your local library!
Become FAN of Language Opportunity Facebook to receive updates and new activities!